school year 2016-2017
Rhetoric Art Club
Formation of students’ groups for practicing the rhetoric art. More precisely:
Realization of Argumentation Competition within the Club. Students are given a topic and they form two groups who try to persuade their audience about their opposing points of view, by developing the appropriate arguments.
Teaching of methodology and of argumentation-making techniques regarding ambiguous topics, both diachronic and contemporary ones
Introduction to the development of “Spontaneous Speech”, “Protreptic Speech” and to the “Meaningful (Expressive) Reading”
The teachers in charge may also invite external collaborators for the preparation of Argumentation Competitions.
Participation in Argumentation Competitions
Teachers in charge: Maria Litsardou, Ioanna Pseftogianni
European Paths of Science Knowledge
In the era of the knowledge and information revolution, the use of new technologies in European projects offers new potential to the teaching approach of scientific educational topics.
– Exploitation of resources from the European Schoolnet (http://www.eun.org/)
– Participation in European digital communities for the exploitation of digital resources, tools, applications and innovative teaching and learning practices of the sciences
– Creation and dissemination of new digital educational content through inquiry-based learning scenarios about sciences
– Combination of scientific fields for the realization of interdisciplinary projects
– The European projects offer modern environments of inquiry-based learning of sciences for the connection of the curriculum knowledge with the phenomena of the real world.
– Application and realization of innovative teaching practices aiming at the scientific knowledge approach through the continuous feedback from and collaboration with teachers and students of European schools
Teacher in charge: Panagiota Argyri
Chemistry Club of the Evangeliki School of Smyrna: Chemistry in vivo, in vitro and in silico
The Club work is divided into two parts: (a) The first part focuses on the experiment of chemistry. Students will be taught the basic laboratory techniques of classical and instrumental analysis.
(b) The second part focuses on the simulations on a computer. Students will learn how scientists design, for example, a new catalyst or a new medicine and how it is possible to predict properties of chemical compounds that have not been composed in the chemical laboratory yet.
Moreover, students will be prepared for their participation in chemistry competitions, e.g. EUSO 2017 and competition of the Greek Chemists’ Association.
Teacher in charge: Christodoulos Makedonas
Mathematics Club for the students of the A’ Class of the High School
Teacher in charge: Sotirios Hasapis
Mathematics Club for the students of the B’ Class of the High School
Teacher in charge: Sotirios Hasapis
Drama and Music Club
Aim of the Club is the production of an artistic product through the combination of the subjects of the Greek Language, History and Philosophy, Mathematics and Science (the students as receivers ad creators) and the collective artistic creation (preparation and performance of a play).
Scheduled activities of the Club also include participation: a) in theatrical performances within the framework of student drama competitions in Greece and abroad, b) in activities of community interest, c) in school events, and d) in activities concerning contemporary social issues.
Teachers in charge: Kalliopi Siopi, Maria Diakonou, Sofia Gourna
The Club content aims at the education of students with increased interest in Astronomy and Astrophysics. Its realization will be carried out in collaboration with the Eugenides Foundation and it will include the study of the sky, its observation with a telescope at school, in Eugenides Foundation and in the National Kapodistriakon University of Athens, as well as the theoretical and experimental approach of astrophysical phenomena.
Teacher in charge: Maria Diakonou